TEFL courses in Sri Lanka is conducted by Lanka TEFL Training Institute in Partnership with London Teacher Training College in the United Kingdom.
About Principal at London Teacher Training College (LTTC)
Dr. Phyllis Vannuffel is the Founder and Principal of the London Teacher Training College. She has been involved in teaching English as a foreign language since 1975 and has taught in more than eight countries. Her career has included preparing and examining large numbers of trainee teachers at both certificate and diploma level for Trinity College London TESOL courses. She has been an examiner for the Cambridge suite of UCLES exams and also been a Cambridge item writer.
About Lanka TEFL Training Institute, Sri Lanka
Established in 2012, Lanka TEFL Training Institute has pioneered the teaching of TEFL course in Sri Lanka. In partnership with London Teacher Training College in Britain, it prides itself in keeping to a high standard when it comes to training the students to the level that is expected by LTTC. With 6 batches completed so far with many types of students (University lecturers, Sri Lankan government teachers, international school teachers, private teachers) successfully completing the course, the institute is well and truly the leader for providing TEFL qualification in Sri Lanka. Batch 07 commences on 7th January 2018 at the new workshop premises in Dehiwala.
What is “TEFL”?
“TEFL” is the acronym for “Teaching English as a Foreign Language”, or simply, English language instruction for non-native speakers.
The field of TEFL is currently one of the fastest growing educational fields in the world. The field presents an array of excellent professional opportunities for teaching English all around the world.
To Teach English as a Foreign Language in a foreign country (non-native English speaking country), a TEFL Certification is typically required as schools and language institutes want to hire teachers who have received proper training. You don’t need to possess a degree in education, prior teaching experience, or even a college degree to get paid to teach English abroad.
Private language schools abroad want to hire people who have received a certain degree of professional level training. Internationally recognized standards hold that professional-level TEFL certification must meet certain standards established by leading bodies in the field.
The TEFL course provided by Lanka TEFL Training Institute is such a body which provides the internationally recognized TEFL certificate. Details of the course are mentioned below:
Internship in China
Once you get your TEFL certificate, you have an opportunity to get an internship in China as a valued English teacher. You could have an international experience engaging with the students in China in addition to exploring exotic sights during your free time. Adding this experience to your CV enhances your chance of getting a placement as a teacher full time.
Click here for more info
TEFL course information:
Course Code : TEFL120
Course Level : Level 5 TQUK Endorsed
Course Length : 120 Hours
Delivery Method : Classroom
Course Fees (5 months Weekend course – Saturday or Sunday – 9am to 4pm)
Sri Lankan students : Rs. 150,000/- (Early Bird fees: Rs 135,000/-)
Registration fees : Rs. 3,000/-
Foreign Students : US$ 1500/- (Early Bird fees: US$ 1350/-)
Course Fees (1 month Weekday course – Monday to Friday – 9am to 4pm)
Sri Lankan students : Rs. 175,000/- (Early Bird fees: Rs 160,000/-)
Registration fees : Rs. 3,000/-
Foreign Students : US$ 1800/- (Early Bird fees: US$ 1500/-)
G.C.E O/L Credit Pass in English
G.C.E A/L Credit Pass in General English
Other professional/academic qualifications can be considered.
Each student needs to take a placement test to determine suitability for the course.
– All study materials
– Certificate & transcript
– Full Tutor and Admin support
– The Course fees includes Exam Fees to obtain the certificate from London. This certificate is given only once a student successfully completes the assignment for the course and fulfills the required teaching practice hours.
– Batch 16 – (5 months) – Sundays
– Commencement Date 4th November 2018
– Early Bird fees: Rs 135,000 (register by 20th September 2018).
– Standard Sri Lankan student fees – Rs 150,000 *
– Foreign Students – US$ 1500 (Early bird fees US$ 1350, register by 20th September 2018).
– Classes conducted every Sunday 9am to 4pm for 1 month.
– Course duration – 4th November 2018 – 17th March 2019
– Batch 17 – (1 month intensive course) – weekdays
– Commencement Date 3rd December 2018
– Early Bird fees: Rs 160,000 (register by 20th October 2018).
– Standard Sri Lankan student fees – Rs 175,000*
– Foreign Students – US$ 1800 (Early bird fees US$ 1500, register by 20th October 2018).
– Classes conducted every weekday Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm for 1 month.
– Course Duration – 3rd December 2018 – 31st December 2018
– Batch 19 – (5 months) – Saturdays
– Commencement Date 2nd February 2019
– Early Bird fees: Rs 140,000* (register by 5th January 2019).
– Standard Sri Lankan student fees – Rs 160,000*
– Foreign Students – US$ 1500 (Early bird fees US$ 1350, register by 5th January 2019).
– Classes conducted every Saturday 9am to 4pm for 1 month.
– Course duration – 2nd February 2019 – 22nd June 2019
* Bank loan facility available to pay in installments. Inquire for details
Mr. R. Subasinghe (M.A, Dip. in Ed, B.A)
Area of expertise – Teacher Trainer
Over 25 years experience in the field of education. A former lecturer in teacher training at English Teachers Training College, Peradeniya. He is an expert in educational assessment and evaluation. Mr Subasinghe was also former deputy commissioner of examinations at department of examinations, Sri Lanka.
Ms. D. Fernando
B.A. (English, French, International Studies) (Kelaniya),
CELTA (Cambridge),TEFL (UK), Dip. TESOL (UK), DELF Government approved sworn translator under Ministry of Justice (English, Sinhala, French)
Area of expertise – Language & Phonetics
A graduate of Kelaniya specialising in English & French, Ms Fernando is currently a part time lecturer at 2 leading institutes in Colombo. She is also an author of English Literature and French books for O/L students in Sri Lanka. She has 2 years experience in teaching TEFL course. She is currently reading for her Masters in Linguistics at University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
Ms. J. Savage TEFL (UK)
Area of expertise – Language & Pronunciation
Born in the UK, Ms Savage has traveled around the middle east including Bahrain where she has engaged with students in teaching English. She is a past student of Lanka TEFL Training Institute. She currently resides in Sri Lanka and conducts a number of English classes in the south of Sri Lanka. She is assigned with a number of modules involving pronunciation as a native speaker of English.
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Jobs
Have a look at the teaching positions around the world! All you need is a TEFL certificate!
“I did the one month intensive course and it was a nice experience within a short period of time . The admin and the staff was friendly, supportive and professional. Its going be a memory that lasts forever!”
Chani De Silva
Teacher, Lyceum International School, Panadura
“It was a great experience. I learned a lot! People around the institute are very accommodating and helpful. They value each and every student. They made sure that we are on the right tract. I highly recommend it!”
Shanabe Gumpad Pereira
Undergraduate, Hospitality & Tourism